FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the Market’s operating hours?
- Downtown Forney: Artisan & Farmers Market is open from 9:00AM-2:00PM on the second and fourth Saturday of each month. In 2018, the market runs from March through November.
Where is the Market located?
- The Market is located on the outdoor grounds of the old Murray Cotton Gin in Historic Downtown Forney (210 E. Broad St.)
Where can I find a listing of vendors and the products that they sell?
- Market vendors sell a variety of artisan made crafts and locally grown products. For details please visit out Vendors page and follow us on Facebook.
Where can I park?
- Designated parking is available on the Elm St. side of the market. Additional parking is located at 301 E. Broad St. adjacent to the Cotton Gin. Parking is prohibited at all times on E. Broad St. (old U.S. Hwy 80).
What if it rains?
- Downtown Forney: Artisan & Farmers Market operates rain or shine! In the case of severe weather (lighting) the market will be closed.
Are pets allowed?
- Yes, well behaved, leashed animals are allowed. Please be courteous of others and BYOB (bring your own bag) to clean up after your pet. Owners are responsible and liable for their dogs at all times. Dogs should also be kept away from produce, plants, and other food products. Items damaged by pets must be purchased by the owner.
Please note: the Market Coordinator reserves the right to ask you to leave the market premises if your dog is misbehaving or poses a threat to market patrons.
How do I pay vendors for my purchases?
- As a rule of thumb, we recommend bringing cash to pay vendors for your market purchases. Some vendors may have Paypal or Square readers to process credit card payments but not all. We currently do not have any vendors that accept WIC/SNAP/EBT Payments at this time.
Is there a nearby ATM machine?
- There is a City Bank ATM machine located in the clock tower on the corner of Main St. & Elm St. and several local banks within 5 minutes driving distance of the Market including:
American National Bank of Texas (401 Pinson Road)
City Bank (771 East US Highway 80)
Chase Bank (401 N Fm 548, Forney)
Bank of America Financial Center (100 East US Highway 80)
Will there be amplified music/sound at the market?
- The market encourages local musicians to play acoustically during regular hours in the specially designated live music areas. Space is allotted on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no electricity currently available for amps, microphones or speakers.
How can I become a vendor?
- Please visit our “Become A Vendor” webpage for event details and instructions.
Is there a “Lost & Found”?
- All visitors to the market are responsible for their own personal belongings and valuables. FAC does not accept responsibility for any lost, stolen or misplaced personal articles or property. However, you might check the Forney Arts Council’s information booth and ask if a visitor has potentially returned an item.
Is Wi-Fi available?
- Wi-fi is not currently available on site.
How can I stay updated on upcoming market event and news?
- Sign up here to receive our monthly e-newsletter or follow us on social media.
How can I get involved?
- Visit our “About” page for more information and contact links. This event is made possible thanks to its volunteers!
Who operates Downtown Forney: Artisan & Farmers Market?
- The market is managed by The Forney Arts Council a nonprofit 501(c)3.